1. Changes to This Policy. We may change this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Web sites and services to understand how your information is used.
2. Information Collected. We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Web sites and services. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual. Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data. The following are the specific types of information we collect from you. Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
i. Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information.
ii. Contact Information. We collect the email addresses you provide for contacts and address information you provide us. When you choose to collaborate or share files with others, we also collect email addresses you provide to email invitations to those individuals on your behalf.
iii. Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid SiVizion.com account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
3. Use of Personal Information. In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Web site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
i. to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Web site and our publications, products and services;
ii. to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from SiVizion.com or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
iii. to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Web site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from SiVizion.com that better meet your needs;
iv. to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
v. to send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
vi. to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
vii. to contact you if you win a contest; and
viii. for other purposes about which we notify you.
5. Network and Information Security. SiVizion.com takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on our Web site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet. The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
6. Account access. Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and ID devices secure not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information. If your personal information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on SiVizion.com at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing email@example.com.
7. Choice/Opt-Out. SiVizion.com may send you communications or data regarding our Web sites and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Web sites and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from SiVizion.com by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.